17 August 2014

Doll family updates

Quite a few things has happened in my doll family while I was absent from my blog. Let's see if I can remember everything.

Some months ago I was talking with Lise and both of us felt overwhelmed by incomplete dolls and a way too big wish list. That led to downsizing, but just a bit for me. I'm just too attached to most of my characters. I was already thinking about selling Eli (SOOM Beyla) and Beatrix (SOOM Bygg) since I was seeing $$ every time I looked at them. So the only one who followed them was Ethan (Napidoll Pekato) as his character weren't that well developed. It's not the biggest downsizing, but I'm hoping to buy bodies to my floating heads for the money I get from the sales. My wish list decreased from nine to three which also felt great. For the time being I've decided to try my best to stay under 15 dolls. That could change in the future when my dolls are more finished. I still feel a bit overwhelmed since most of them still are incomplete, but I just can't downsize any more. A few has been put on 'hiatus' and then I'll just take it one step at a time to get them more complete. 

SOOM Beyla SOOM Bygg Napidoll Pekato

I was lucky to buy a Volks YoSD Kanon from one of my very good friends, Anne. Kanon is my favourite Volks YoSD and I'm so happy that I could get her. Even better was it when I figured she could make a great Ayla, Takumi's daughter. She's just too lovely. ♥ Since I'm selling Eli and Beatrix I've decided that Isi now is Ayla's imaginary friend. He doesn't really fit in otherwise and it would be too sad if he just were all by himself.

Then there's the two new floating heads to the collection. I seriously have a floating heads problem! First is Caleb (Immortality of Soul Sezz), who also is a band member, but in another band than Shay, Hazuki and Trent. He and Trent are best buddies, and he smokes way too much weed, hahah. Last but not least is Yoonie (Elfdoll Eun-a), who is a male to female transgender. I'm still not fully sure how she fits in other than being Olivia's ex-girlfriend and now good friend. I want her to have a better connection to the rest of my dolls since I already love her to bits. Hopefully I can figure something out.



On the body-front I bought a SQ Lab 61cm girl body via a dealer back in February. This whole thing went quite chaotic. For a long time I couldn't get in contact with the dealer (got better later) and then SQ Lab apparently disappeared. No one seem to able to get in contact with them. A few weeks ago I asked the dealer about a refund. She told me she would try to get the money back from SQ Lab else she would refund me otherwise. This whole situation was been so tiring and saddened me a lot as there was a time I thought I had been scammed.

After a lot of doubt I went ahead and put an April Story 61cm toned type body on layaway last Friday. The doubt was caused by uncertainty that Yoonie's head will fit and match the body. The April Story body's neck size is just 0.2cm smaller than the Elfdoll body. So it should fit, but Yoonie's head is so small that I still have my doubts. If the body doesn't fit I'm thinking that the body will go to either Charlie or Olivia.

No comments: